Additional Capacity on the Tasman/Re-accommodation Guidelines
Air New Zealand will launch two new routes across the Tasman from December this year and add an extra 15% seat capacity across all its Tasman services year on year.
The airline has today announced the schedule it will operate across the Tasman after calling time on its alliance with Virgin Australia last week.
From 18 December 2018, Air New Zealand will operate up to four times a week between Queenstown and Brisbane, increasing the airline’s total international capacity out of the resort town by 20 percent. It will also operate up to five times a week between Wellington and Brisbane, a 15 percent increase or 20,000 seats.
In addition to the new routes, Air New Zealand is adding significant extra trans-Tasman capacity into and out of Christchurch from 28 October 2018. This includes moving to double daily on peak days of the week to both Melbourne and Brisbane, and double daily Monday to Friday for Sydney. This represents a 15% increase in capacity or about 35,000 extra seats on Christchurch trans-Tasman routes alone.
Air New Zealand will also offer 125,000 additional trans-Tasman seats ex Auckland, including a new business timed morning flight to Melbourne, more evening flights to Brisbane and a new middle of the day flight to Sydney.
Fares are on sale now for both the new routes and the additional seat capacity.
Meanwhile all customers booked on an Air New Zealand ticket to travel on a Virgin Australia aircraft after 27 October 2018 will be moved across to Air New Zealand operated services in the next few weeks. There is no need for customers to do anything; they will be contacted by either the airline or their booking agent regarding any changes.
A summary of changes to the airline’s trans-Tasman schedule following the end of its alliance with Virgin Australia are listed below:
Brisbane from Wellington and Queenstown schedule:
|Origin||Destination||Start Date||Flight #||Depart||Arrive||Frequency|
|WLG||BNE||17 Dec 2018||NZ827||06:10||07:00||4-5 times per week|
|BNE||WLG||18 Dec 2018||NZ828||17:35||00:05+1|
|ZQN||BNE||18 Dec 2018||NZ861||15:50||16:35||3-4 times per week|
|BNE||ZQN||18 Dec 2018||NZ860||08:00||14:30|
The following changes take effect from 28 October 2018:
Auckland – Sydney:
- Additional daily service operated predominantly by a wide body aircraft in both directions (NZ109/NZ112).
Auckland - Melbourne:
- Additional business timed morning service operated by an A320 in both directions 5-6 times a week. This improves options for same day connectivity from Melbourne to domestic New Zealand (NZ721/NZ720).
Auckland – Brisbane:
- Additional evening Auckland-Brisbane service and a morning Brisbane-Auckland service twice a week. This improves the options for same day connectivity between Brisbane and domestic New Zealand (NZ733/732).
Auckland - Gold Coast:
- Departure time from Auckland now leaves slightly later to allow regional New Zealand domestic connectivity, NZ937 currently departs at 7.05am and will now depart at 9.25am.
Christchurch - Brisbane:
- Additional morning flights in both directions. This means double daily flying for NZ operated flights up to 4 times a week and improves New Zealand domestic connectivity from Brisbane (NZ807/NZ806).
Christchurch - Melbourne:
- Additional evening service in both directions (NZ893/896) which means the airline is now offering double daily services up to 6 times a week.
The following amendments have been made to the long-term Australia fare structure effective for sales immediately for travel from 28 October 2018.
- New fares for travel from Wellington/Queenstown – Brisbane.
Your GDS will be updated in due course
For customers booked on NZ7000 series flights for travel from 28 October 2018, the following rebooking guidelines apply:
Itineraries that involve travel on trans-Tasman services only will go through the normal schedule change process in the next few weeks. Customers will be rebooked as follows, Agents are able to re-book these now on customer request.
|Currently Booked||Will be Scheduled changed to:|
|Trans-Tasman Economy Class||Reebook to closest timed Air NZ operated service in best available booking class|
|Trans-Tasman Business Class||
Rebook to Air NZ service in Business PremierTM
If no Business PremierTM available, rebook to best available Economy class. Retrospective Refund will apply contact Agency Sales.
Itineraries that involve travel on Virgin Australia for travel within domestic Australia will require you to manually rebook these customers as follows:
|Currently Booked||Will be Scheduled changed to:|
|For travel to PER or ADL e.g. CHC via MEL to ADL||Rebook the NZ operated flight in the best available class from or ex NZ via AKL - ADL/PER or CHC|
|Points beyond the gateway within Australia. e.g. WLG via SYD to HBA||
Rebook VA prime flight number in T class for Economy and I class for Business
Call Agency Sales if the booking class is not available
If above options are not suitable the following options exist for customers:
- Change to a different flight within 72 hours of the original departure. Rebook best available booking class, no fare difference or change fees apply.
- Tickets must be endorsed with “Reissued due NZ VA alliance”.
- Reroute to another Air New Zealand destination, change fees waived, fare difference does apply. Tickets must be endorsed with “Reissued due NZ VA alliance”.
- Regardless of ticket type purchased a full refund is available. Tickets must be endorsed with “Refund due NZ VA alliance”.
Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia are currently working through transitional frequent flyer arrangements.
The GDS will be updated in due course.